Civil Division


Monday - Friday........... 8:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday - Sunday...... Closed
Holidays........................ Closed
Phone............................ 603-679-2241

**Inclement weather notice: Rockingham County Sheriff's Office Civil Division may close or have a delayed opening in the event of inclement weather. During a storm, it is best to contact the Dispatch Center at 603-679-2225 to make sure the Civil Office will be open to assist you.

Guidelines for Civil Process to be Served:

The Civil Division provides service of court documents to all towns in Rockingham County. Documents should be filled out completely & reviewed for accuracy before delivering or mailing. Please be aware that all documents have a set time frame for service and do expire. It is in your best interest to deliver these documents to the Sheriff's Office as soon as possible.

Prepayment is required for all services. If prepayment is not received with documents, they may be returned or held. Service fees vary based on multiple criteria, some of which include what town the defendant resides, how many people are being served, and if the documents are from a New Hampshire court or an out of state court. Please have your documents in hand when calling.

When mailing documents to our office, please include the following:

  • Your name, return mailing address and telephone number
  • Names of the parties being served and complete physical street address for all services (Post Office boxes are not acceptable for service)
  • All court documents including the Return to Court copy as well as the Service Copy for each defendant
  • Prepayment for all services. Please call our office at 603-679-2241 for the appropriate amount.
  • If the court documents specify the defendant must be served in hand, a brief description of the defendant and best time for service will assist the Deputies. This should be written on a separate sheet of paper.
  • Documents should be mailed to:

    • Rockingham County Sheriff’s Dept.
      Attention: Civil Division
      101 North Rd.
      Brentwood, N.H. 03833

The Civil Division also handles civil bench warrants issued by the District Courts. These warrants range from non-payment of civil judgments, to failing to appear for court hearings.

Helpful Resources

As a public agency, assistance provided by this office is impartial, in that the information provided is available to all citizens.  Staff can offer assistance concerning procedure, location of rules and regulations pertaining to NH State Statutes, and locations of applicable courts and forms. 

Such information is intended to enlighten litigants to available resources in making informed decisions. 

However, this office does not provide legal advice or strategy.  If you have a question about a specific issue or procedure, or do not understand the information presented, please contact an attorney or New Hampshire Legal Aid.  Self help options are noted below:

NH Circuit Court (District) Forms and Information NH Judicial Courts Self Help Center
NH Superior Court Forms and Information NH Public Law Library
NH Supreme Court Forms and Information NH Legal Aid